HomeAccessibility | Administration | Animal Control | Finance | Public Works | Tourism


Civic Address

$84.75/sign and post
$39.55/sign replacement
$50.85/post replacement

Commissioner of Oaths/Certifying Documents

$2.26/additional document






$0.75/large card
$0.50/business card

Property Taxes

$11.30/copy of Bills
$11.30/copy of Receipts
$11.30/copy of History Printout
$11.30/copy of Screenshot

Tax Certificate

$30/roll number

Zoning Compliance

$50/roll number

Fire Permit

$5 each/per year

Dog Licence

$15/dog Jan 1st to Mar 31st
$30/dog Apr 1st to Dec 31st
$50/kennel licence
$5.00 microchipped
$5.00 hunting dogs


$50.85 each

Blue Box

$9.05 each

Vital Statistics

Birth Registrations (home births) – the birth of every child born in the Province of Ontario must be registered with the Municipal Clerk of the municipality where the child was born, within 30 days of the birth of the child. For example, if your child is born at the hospital in Perth you must go to the Perth Town Hall. Or if your child is born at home and you live in Lanark Highlands you must go to the Lanark Highlands Municipal Office.

Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates – applications may be obtained from the Clerk's Department or by visiting www.serviceontario.ca.

Celebrating an 80th/90th Birthday or 50th Wedding Anniversary???

Let us know so we can help honour the occasion!!!


Commissioner Of Oaths

A number of staff members, by virtue of their office, are "Commissioners of Oaths". If you require the service of a Commissioner of Oaths, please call to make an appointment to ensure the availability of a Commissioner.

Once an appointment is scheduled, you must come to the Municipal Office in person and sign the affidavit in front of the Commissioner. You must provide one original piece of government issued identification (no photocopies permitted) that includes your photo and signature (ex. valid driver's license, passport, etc.) There is a fee of $5.65 for this service.

A Commissioner of Oaths is not the same as a "Notary Public". A Notary Public is a person who is authorized under the Notaries Act to do various things, including commission documents, certify documents as true copies and to verify signatures. If you require the services of a Notary Public, please contact a Lawyer's Office.

Freedom of Information

The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) provides individuals with the right to access certain records and personal information under the custody and control of the Township. The purpose of the MFIPPA is two-fold; providing access to information and protection from access to information in certain specific instances.

Please contact the Clerk's Department for assistance. In most cases, information is made readily available to the public and you won't need to make a formal request. The municipality may in some cases restrict access to certain documents to protect individual privacy or the public interest.

For more detailed information or to acquire an application form please contact the Township Office or visit the Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at www.ipc.on.ca.

Lottery Licences

Any charitable organization within Lanark Highlands intending to run a lottery is required to apply for and be in receipt of a lottery licence before doing so.

The Lottery Licencing Officer at the Township Office can issue a licence for most lottery events including bingos with up to $5,500 prize value, raffles up to $50,000 and most break open ticket raffles.

The fee for a lottery licence is 3% of the total value of the prize(s) and the prize(s) must equal at least 20% of the anticipated revenue from ticket sales.

Charitable organizations for the purpose of conducting a lottery are generally classed as existing for:

• The relief of poverty

• The advancement of education

• The advancement of religion

• Other charitable purposes beneficial to the community without discrimination

For more detailed information or to acquire an application form please contact the Township Office or visit the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario Website http://www.agco.on.ca/en/forms/index.aspx.