HomeAccessibility | Administration | Animal Control | Finance | Public Works | Tourism


Civic Address

$84.75/sign and post
$39.55/sign replacement
$50.85/post replacement

Commissioner of Oaths/Certifying Documents

$2.26/additional document






$0.75/large card
$0.50/business card

Property Taxes

$11.30/copy of Bills
$11.30/copy of Receipts
$11.30/copy of History Printout
$11.30/copy of Screenshot

Tax Certificate

$30/roll number

Zoning Compliance

$50/roll number

Fire Permit

$5 each/per year

Dog Licence

$15/dog Jan 1st to Mar 31st
$30/dog Apr 1st to Dec 31st
$50/kennel licence
$5.00 microchipped
$5.00 hunting dogs


$50.85 each

Blue Box

$9.05 each

Vital Statistics

Birth Registrations (home births) – the birth of every child born in the Province of Ontario must be registered with the Municipal Clerk of the municipality where the child was born, within 30 days of the birth of the child. For example, if your child is born at the hospital in Perth you must go to the Perth Town Hall. Or if your child is born at home and you live in Lanark Highlands you must go to the Lanark Highlands Municipal Office.

Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates – applications may be obtained from the Clerk's Department or by visiting www.serviceontario.ca.

Celebrating an 80th/90th Birthday or 50th Wedding Anniversary???

Let us know so we can help honour the occasion!!!


Commissioner Of Oaths

A number of staff members, by virtue of their office, are "Commissioners of Oaths". If you require the service of a Commissioner of Oaths, please call to make an appointment to ensure the availability of a Commissioner.

Once an appointment is scheduled, you must come to the Municipal Office in person and sign the affidavit in front of the Commissioner. You must provide one original piece of government issued identification (no photocopies permitted) that includes your photo and signature (ex. valid driver's license, passport, etc.) There is a fee of $5.65 for this service.

A Commissioner of Oaths is not the same as a "Notary Public". A Notary Public is a person who is authorized under the Notaries Act to do various things, including commission documents, certify documents as true copies and to verify signatures. If you require the services of a Notary Public, please contact a Lawyer's Office.

Freedom of Information

The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) provides individuals with the right to access certain records and personal information under the custody and control of the Township. The purpose of the MFIPPA is two-fold; providing access to information and protection from access to information in certain specific instances.

Please contact the Clerk's Department for assistance. In most cases, information is made readily available to the public and you won't need to make a formal request. The municipality may in some cases restrict access to certain documents to protect individual privacy or the public interest.

For more detailed information or to acquire an application form please contact the Township Office or visit the Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at www.ipc.on.ca.

Lottery Licensing

Lottery Licensing Frequently Asked Questions:

What is "Charitable Gaming" and how is it regulated in Canada?

"Charitable gaming" refers to lottery schemes permitted by a license under the Criminal Code of Canada. Typically these may include bingos, raffles, break open tickets and social gaming events held by charitable and religious organizations. Charitable organizations are regulated by licensing policies and the terms and conditions of the licences issued by the province or municipalities under authority of an Order-in-Council.

Who can get a license to conduct a lottery scheme?

Canada's Criminal Code only permits charitable and religious organizations to conduct lottery schemes to raise funds pursuant to an issued lottery licence. Organizations must have a demonstrated charitable or religious mandate to qualify. The courts have determined that the term "charitable" refers to organizations which provide programs for:

• the relief of poverty;

• the advancement of education;

• the advancement of religion; and

• other charitable purposes beneficial to the community.

The following are prerequisites to be considered eligible for a lottery licence:

• Organizations must have been in existence for at least one (1) year;

• Organizations must have a place of business in Ontario;

• Organizations' primary purpose must be to provide charitable services in Ontario; and

• Organization must use the proceeds of any lottery scheme for objects or purposes which benefit Ontario residents.

The primary purposes of an organization are determined by considering:

• the mandate of the organization as set out in its' incorporation documents or documents stating the organization's objectives;

• the objectives of the organization as described in its' application for licence; and

• the services which have actually been provided by the organization to the community.

What lottery schemes do municipalities licence?

Under Order-in-Council 2688-93, municipalities may issue licences to conduct the following lottery schemes:

• Bingo events with prize boards $5,000 and under;

• Media bingo events;

• Raffle lotteries for total prizes $50,000 and under;

• All break open ticket lotteries not licensed by the provincial office; and

• Bazaars (Bingo maximum $500; Raffle maximum $500; maximum 3 wheels of fortune).

How does my organization apply for a lottery license?

• Determine what type of lottery scheme your organization intends to conduct;

• Obtain the appropriate application form from your local municipal office or the province; and

• Complete the form according to the instructions on the form and the policies provided by the municipal office or as set out in the guide for that lottery event and submit it along with the applicable licence fee to the municipal office.

Do I have to include anything with the application form?

First time applicants should, in addition to the materials required with the application as identified in the lottery licensing policies, provide the following information or documents:

• A copy of the articles of incorporation or constitution and/or by-laws.

• A copy of the budget or financial statements for the preceding and coming years.

• Any other information that will assist in determining the charitable nature of the objects and purposes. This could include an annual report, charitable number for income-tax purposes and the fact that it meets the reporting requirements of the Charities Accounting Act.

• The proposed use of proceeds must be consistent with the primary objects and purposes of the organization which must be of a charitable nature consistent with at least one of the four classifications of charitable purposes.

What types of organizations are not charitable for lottery licensing purposes?

The types of organizations which cannot be considered charitable include:

• social clubs.

• professional associations, unions, employee groups.

• elected representative groups including municipal, regional, provincial and federal governments.

• government ministries, agents or bodies.

• political lobby groups.

• political parties.

• adult hobby groups.

• private sports clubs (e.g. golf/curling).

• adult sports teams.

What is the Township of Lanark Highlands's current lottery licensing fee schedule?

• Bingo & Media Bingo:3% of total prize board.

• Raffle: 3% of total prize value.

• Break Open Tickets: 3% of prize value per box.

• Bazaar: 3% of prize value for bingo or raffle; $10/wheel.

Above fee schedule is subject to a minimum fee of $5.00 and a maximum fee of $250.00 per licence.

How long does it take to process my application for a lottery licence?

For organizations that have previously held a municipal lottery license, forty-eight (48) hours is required from the time the completed lottery licence application and documentation are submitted to the municipal office, until the licence is issued. This will ensure efficient and accurate licensing of all organizations.

Who do I contact if I have any questions about lottery licensing?

Lottery licensing for the Township of Lanark Highlands is a function of the Deputy Clerks’ Department. You may contact the municipal office with any questions.

Further information about lottery licensing and the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario may be obtained by visiting their website. The Lottery Licensing Policy Manual may also be accessed by visiting their website.