(TAY VALLEY TOWNSHIP, ON) Members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Community Street Crime Units (CSCU) from Ottawa, Leeds-Grenville & Lanark Detachments with the assistance of The Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), Emergency Responsive Team (ERT) & Canine Unit (K9), in collaboration with Kingston Police executed a search warrant at a property located on Christie Lake North Shore Road in Tay Valley Township.
Officers recovered a large quantity of stolen items at the location including:
- Several firearms
- All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) and Utility-Terrain Vehicles (UTV –side-by-side)
- A 16’, double-axle, enclosed trailer
- Snow machine
- Snow plow blade
The estimated, total street value of all recovered items is over $125,000.
Two residents of the property are each being charged with:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm - S.91 Criminal Code (CC)
- Careless Storage of a Firearm – S.86 CC (two counts)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000 - S. 354(1)(a) CC (four counts)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 - S.354(1)(a) CC
Both accused were released from custody on Undertakings to appear at a scheduled court date of February 26, 2020 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Perth. Names of the accused cannot be released until the charges have been processed.
Contact: Provincial Constable Lori LOBINOWICH
Community Safety / Media Relations Officer