The Township of Lanark Highlands is pleased to announce the 2021 achievement awards program.
To assist in the selection of a recipient for an award, residents of the municipality are asked to submit the name of a deserving person/business to the municipality for consideration.
In making a recommendation, please provide a brief written history of the accomplishments and contributions that your candidate has made to the community.
Deadline for submission of the applications is
4:00p.m on Monday November 15th, 2021.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 29th, @ 4:00pm
Annual Individual Achievement Awards
Nominated individuals are to be year-round or seasonal residents of Lanark Highlands.
Volunteer Achievement Award
- Volunteering for a minimum of 5 years with one or more organizations or groups
- Volunteering within the Township
- Has shown leadership in the community through chairing a committee or board, initiating a new event or partnership, or recruiting other volunteers
- Acts as a role model for others in the community
- Donates time in training and/or mentoring of other volunteers
Economic Growth Award
- Providing and encouraging growth in the Township
- Purchase of land for purposes such as growth
- Salvage and upgrade an existing business
- Filling vacant buildings and spaces
Community Spirit Award
- Forged many strong relationships within the Township
- Contributing to the community
- Go out of their way to help the less fortunate
- Turning a passion into a business/ making a living
- Starting a business in the Township; contributing to economic growth and tourism demonstrates initiative and creativity
- Recognized by fellow residents;
- Attracts outside residents to the Township
- Involvement in the community programs, community centres, events , etc.
- Supports various activities and committees
- Dedication, persistence, enthusiastic, leadership, driven
- Examples: events for seniors, raise money for maintenance, repairs
- Applies initiative to accomplish community goals; accessible and beneficial to the Township
- Donate time and money to local events and charities
Senior of the Year
- 60 years of age or older
- Must have made a significant contribution within the Township
- Demonstrated commitment and generosity of spirit through volunteering
Annual Business Achievement Award
Nominated businesses are to be located within Lanark Highlands.
The Best Community Impact Award goes to a business that’s truly making a difference in our community. This business has taken positive action to invest in our community and sees social responsibility as an integral part of the business’ success.
- Community Impact Strategies: Business operations demonstrate a positive impact in the community in which the business operates.
- Triple Bottom Line Metrics: The social, environmental and financial outcomes of corporate social responsibility are measurable.
- Diversity: The business models diversity and inclusion in the workplace and in business decision-making.
- Leadership: The business is considered to be a leader.
To be eligible for the Best Community Impact Award, nominees must have been in operation for a minimum of 12 months in Lanark Highlands. All nominees must have less than 50 employees.
Businesses can be non-profits, social enterprises, or for-profit organizations.
To win this award, all nominees shortlisted as Top 2 semi-finalists will be required to provide:
- Descriptions of the specific activities the business engages in that have a positive impact on the community.
- How the business has invested or reinvested in the community.
- Measurement of the social, environmental and financial outcomes of the business.
- Examples of the company’s diversity and inclusion work.
- Three peer references that consider the business to be a community leader.
- Examples of how the business has had a positive impact on the local community.
The Township of Lanark Highlands reserves the right to reject any or all quotations at its sole discretion.
For further information contact:
Note: Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the Interim Clerk/ CAO at the address indicated above.