80 Plus eligible May 31st to get earlier second dose appointments for COVID-19 vaccine
On Monday May 31st at 8am, individuals 80 years of age and over (or born in 1941 or before) will be eligible to rebook their second dose appointment for COVID-19 vaccine at an earlier interval, when local appointments are available.
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit wanted you to be aware of the following:
- Your first dose provided good protection against COVID-19.
- The second dose appointment you currently have will remain booked unless you choose to get an earlier second dose appointment. It is not necessary that you rebook your appointment.
- Your second dose appointment will not be automatically rebooked for you.
- If you choose to rebook, you must look for a site that offers the same type of vaccine you received in your first dose.
- The following options will be available for second doses:
- Contact a local participating pharmacy for an available appointment – see LGL pharmacies and the available vaccine type at COVID-19 pharmacy vaccine locations (ontario.ca)
- Primary care (Moderna available at participating offices only)
- Book an appointment at a Health Unit Fixed Site Vaccine clinic in Brockville, Almonte, Kemptville or Smiths Falls (Pfizer only) - You must change and book your new appointment in the same booking system. If you do not know which system you used, check the email you received or use the alpha numeric code you were given after your first dose appointment (you can also call the LGL call Centre for help). Here is how to re-book your second dose appointment:
- Use the Province’s online booking tool at www.ontario.ca/bookvaccine or the Provincial Booking Phone-line at 1-888-999-6488, opens Monday 8:00am til 8:00pm. This system will be busy so checking later in the day or week may be better.
- Call our local Leeds, Grenville, Lanark Booking Centre toll-free at 1-844-369-1234, open daily 8:30am to 4:00pm.
- Add your name to the contingency list for extra doses at the end of a clinic (sign up is open from Tuesday June 1st at 8:00am until Wednesday June 2nd at 4:30pm) https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/protection/contingency-list/
While our LGL Call Centre is open this Saturday and Sunday 8:30am – 4:30pm, the new age group will not be eligible to book until Monday at 8:00am. We expect the Call Centre phone lines will be busy and there may either be a long wait or your call may get dropped if there are too many in line. If this occurs, we encourage you to please call back later in the day or another day.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine, visit https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/protection/
For media interviews, contact: Susan Healey, Communications Co-ordinator, 613-802-0550 or Katie Jackson, Manager, 613-812-0416 or email