On March 9th, 2021 the Township of Lanark Highlands’ Council received a petition under Section 223 of the Municipal Act from at least 1% of the electorate to dissolve the Ward System in the Township.
Council has 90 days to render a decision from the date of receipt of the petition. As a result, Council directed staff to undertake an informal survey of the electorate for 30 days to receive feedback on whether the Ward System or the At-Large system is preferred.
Residents can complete the Ward System VS At-Large System survey online or by submitting a paper copy by mail or directly in the drop slot outside the Township Office at 75 George St., Lanark, Ontario, K0G 1K0.
Online Survey Link:
Paper copies of the survey will be available at the following locations:
- Lanark Highlands Municipal Office, 75 George St, Lanark, ON (call in advance)
- Pretty Goods Convenience Store, 68 George St, Lanark, ON
- B & T Hopetown Store, 5531 HWY 511, Lanark, ON
- Gemmill’s Store, 2862 Tatlock Rd, Clayton, ON
- White Lake General Store, 6 Burnstown Rd, White Lake, ON
Deadline to complete the survey
4:00p.m on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021
For further information contact:
Township of Lanark Highlands
Ryan Morton, CAO/Clerk
75 George Street
Lanark, Ontario K0G 1K0
T: 613-259-2398 ext 222
For more information on the survey, and why the survey is being conducted please visit: Ward Information